Who played Batman? Here’s the list
Do you remember who played Batman over the years?
I remember the Batman of old. No, not 1966 old, but when it was huge in Hollywood when I was younger. Michael Keaton was Batman then. He did a great job. But Jack Nicholson as the Joker had to be my favorite.
As years passed, as did the leading men who played the cloaked superhero.
Today news was announced that Ben Affleck will be taking the baton from Christian Bale as the next Batman.
How will he do? He’s a big star so it’s not too much of a surprise. But it’ll be see how the stars mesh with the new cast of characters. My favorite still has to be Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Cinema gold right there.
Here are all the Batman movies with their leading characters so you’re armed with some watercooler knowledge when you head to work.
Who played Batman? Here are the past players
- Batman (1966 film), starring Adam West and Burt Ward
- Batman (1989 film), starring Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson
- Batman Returns, 1992 film starring Michael Keaton and Danny DeVito
- Batman Forever, 1995 film starring Val Kilmer and Tommy Lee Jones
- Batman & Robin, 1997 film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and George Clooney
- Batman Begins, 2005 film starring Christian Bale and Michael Caine
- The Dark Knight, 2008 film starring Christian Bale and Michael Caine
- The Dark Knight Rises, 2012 film starring Christian Bale and Michael Caine
Who’s your favorite character? Let us know in comments below.